These Banana Muffins are whole wheat, butter free and have chocolate chips and chocolate Brownie Brittle crumb topping! They’re healthy, easy and yummy!
Do you know the muffin man?
Apparently he lives on some lane that starts with a “D.” Is it durry lane? Dreary lane?
I seriously hope it’s not that latter. Can you imagine a life lived on dreary lane? Hello Un-funsville for ALL the evers.
I guess I could Google it. But, let’s be honest here, I’m not that dedicated to stalking the muffin man.
Now that I have that off my chest, I have a very important question for you: What is your “muffin stance?” Do you consider them a snack food? A breakfast item? Good for ALL occasions? Option D?
If you picked “option D” please share what that might be. You’ve got me all curious.
You want to know my stance? Well, I used to be playing hardball for team “Muffins are ONLY for breakfast and should never be eaten any other time.”
I know, who WAS I?
How-ev-er, one fateful day, my life changed. And, with it, my stance on these pillowy, soft baked goods that I once boxed into a small little corner labeled “ONLY OPEN IF IT’S BEFORE 11 AM OR ELSE”
I took my stance pretty seriously ya’ll.
Back to the day full of fate.
This day, I felt different. I woke up with an excitement (read: hunger) in my stomach and an idea in my head. I sprung out of bed like something on springs and dashed into my kitchen.
I wanted to make banana muffins. I wanted them to include chocolate, but still have ALL the health.
I wanted them to have some sort of CRUNCHY CRUNCHY YUM factor.
I wanted them to be the best dang muffin that my muffin-is-a-snack-only-box had ever seen/tasted/whatever/you get it.
You know what I really wanted though? An excuse to eat Brownie Brittle for breakfast.
Upon pondering how to make that happen, I realized that my thoughts of chocolate and crunch could ALL be fulfilled by crushing the Brownie Brittle ON TOP. LIKE A CRUMBLE.
Seriously, is there anything this stuff can’t do? Methinks not.
I sat on the floor outside of my oven, nose pressed to the door, burning my face and not caring one bit. The banana muffins tops rose to domey perfection. The chocolate chips turned into ooey, gooey melty spots of goodness. And the Brownie Brittle topping?
Let’s just say that I ate a banana muffin for breakfast.
And post breakfast snack.
I can’t confirm or deny that there were muffins on my dinner horizon as well.
You guys, because of these muffins, everything that I have ever known to be true about life and muffins has been changed.
- 1 1/4 Cups White whole wheat flour 168g
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup Mashed Banana about 1 large banana
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 Large egg white
- 1/4 Cup + 3 Tbsp Honey
- 1/2 Cup Un-sweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 Cup Mini chocolate chips
- 1/3 Cup Crushed Toffee Crunch Brownie Brittle
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees and spray a muffin tin with spray.
- Stir the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon together in a large bowl until they are mixed well. Set aside for later use.
- Layer the banana, vanilla, egg white, honey and almond milk into a medium-sized food processor. Turn the processor on and combined until smooth and evenly mixed.
- Mix the mashed banana mixture into the dry ingredients until just moistened. Stir in the chocolate chips, being careful not to over-mix the batter.
- Using an ice cream scoop (or a spoon, but a scoop gives perfect, domed tops) fill the tins about 3/4 of the way, sprinkling the crushed Brownie Brittle on top of each muffin. Lightly press the Brownie Brittle into the batter to adhere it to the muffin
- Bake 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Let cool completely in the muffin tins.
Tips & Notes:
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
This post is sponsored by Brownie Brittle, but all opinions remain my own.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTRAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS! 🙂
Want more bananas?
Peanut Butter Banana Protein Truffles
Paleo Banana Bread with Pecans
Date and Banana Quinoa Breakfast Bake
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!
Leave a Comment