This Apple Coleslaw is a light and crisp spin on a classic! Full of crunchy fruit and veggies covered in a tangy-sweet dressing!
When your dairy free husband eats a massive bowl because it’s “so good and worth how bad I am going to feel” (his words) you know it’s a keeper recipe!
Honestly, I have to agree with him. If I could not eat dairy, I would still eat this because it’s THAT GOOD.
It’s a little more sweet than my oriental coleslaw and a little lighter than my shredded cabbage salad with apples…
….Which basically means that it is PERFECT.
Why you will LOVE This Recipe
In the summertime, EVERYONE loves grilling out (I haven’t met anyone who doesn’t!) and what goes better with grilled goodness than a fresh and flavorful summer salad! I love throwing together a mediterranean cucumber salad or tossing up a shrimp avocado salad with watermelon in the summer because they add so much color and freshness to a dinner plate. Today, let’s all welcome apple cider coleslaw to the blog! It’s sweet, yet tangy, and oh-so-flavorful, not to mention healthy and delicious! You and your crew are going to love the pop of color it brings to your plate and how well it pairs with so many main dishes!
Mixing up a bowl of this apple coleslaw recipe is SUPER easy and uses ingredients that you’ll feel good about feeding your family. It’s made with the best fresh summer fruits and veggies to create a flavorful side dish that everyone will love. Here’s what you’ll need to make it:
- Slivered Almonds
- Head of Green Cabbage
- Green Onions
- Fat Free Plain Greek Yogurt
- Dijon Mustard
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Poppy Seeds
How to make Apple Coleslaw
Turn on the oven and let it preheat. Spread out the almonds on a pan and place it in the oven. Toast the nuts until they are fragrant and lightly golden brown. Remove from the oven and set aside.
Add all the salad ingredients to a large bowl and stir to combine them well. In a smaller bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine.
Cover and chill for at least 2 hours, then serve and enjoy!
Top Tips for making Coleslaw
- Use Unsweetened Yogurt: The recipe turns out best if you use a plain, unsweetened greek yogurt!
- Use Cabbage Mix: If you want to skip chopping up all the ingredients, go ahead and use a store bought cabbage mix to save time!
- Eat Soon after Making: This coleslaw is best when eaten soon after it is made. Go ahead and chill it for a bit, then devour it!
- Leave out the Mayo: If you want to make an apple coleslaw no mayo version of this recipe, feel free! Leaving out the mayo is fine, and the recipe will still be delicious.
Can I use a different Dried Fruit?
Absolutely! If you don’t have craisins or prefer something different, feel free to mix things up. Dried blueberries or raisins would be really tasty in this coleslaw recipe.
What to serve with Apple Coleslaw
Now that you have a fresh, chilled, colorful bowl of delicious coleslaw with apples, it’s time to serve it up! I recommend serving it alongside your favorite protein- slow cooker paleo pulled pork would be absolutely delicious with it, as well as some air fryer potato wedges to finish off the meal! If you want to make things a little fancier, consider serving it with a juicy coffee rubbed steak! Enjoy!
more recipes you might like
- healthy cheesecake stuffed baked apples
- chai apple bars
- healthy broccoli apple salad with greek yogurt
- 1/2 Cup Slivered almonds
- 1 Small head of Green cabbage, shredded (about 7-8 cups)
- 2 Large carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 2 Large apples, cut into matchsticks (I used Fuj)
- 1/2 Cup Green onion, sliced
- 1/2 Cup Craisins
- 1/4 Cup Parsley, very finely minced
For the dressing:
- 1/2 Cup Fat free plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp + 1 tsp Apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- 1/2 tsp Poppy Seeds
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees F. Sread the almonds in a small pan and cook until lightly browned and toasted, about 5-7 minutes.
- In a large bowl, stir together all then salad ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, whisk all the dressing ingredients together.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat.
- DEVOUR immediately, but best if you cover it and refrigerate for at least 2 hours!
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
For This Recipe, I recommend:
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!
Leave a Comment