These EASY Air Fryer Potato Chips are perfectly crispy and crunchy and only use 2 ingredients! Only 75 calories for a large serving!
This is actually the most magical recipe I’ve ever created.
Not that I personally had to do a lot, since the AIR FRYER does it ALL.
But, Imma take credit for these crispy-crunch-almost-oiless AIR FRYER CHIPS ANYWAY.
Guys. HOLD THE PHONE. Did you read that? CHIPS. That are JUST as CRISPY AND CRUNCHY AND ADDICTINGLY SALTY AND YUM as the air fryer breakfast potatoes and the air fryer sweet potato fries, withouuuuuuut much oil.
And they’re just as healthy for you as air fryer apple chips but, like, POTATOES.
Crave able-crispy chip magic that is secretly not-so-bad for you and made of only 2 INGREDIENTS.
Why You’ll Love this Recipe
You know I love a good kitchen gadget and out of ALL my appliances, this one has to be one of my favorites: all hail the air fryer! It gave us air fryer coconut shrimp, air fryer chicken parmesan, and now, one of my personal faves, homemade potato chips in air fryer! AND what if I told you that these chips are not only crispy and delicious, but they are also made with no funky ingredients? Yeah, you heard right- these chips are made with only a handful of healthy ingredients that you may already have on hand. You’ll never go back to store bought chips once you try a basket full of these bad boys!
Potato Chips in Air Fryer Ingredients
If you’re like me, you likely LOVE IT when a craving hits, you pull up the recipe of what you want to cook, and you already have the ingredients! For these air fryer chips, you may already have all the ingredients in your pantry and kitchen. Here’s all you’ll need:
- Russet Potato
- Grapeseed Oil Spray or any other high-heat oil spray (NOT olive oil)
- Sea Salt
Tips for Making Crispy Air Fryer Potato Chips
Nothing’s better than a couple tips and tricks to make a recipe the very best it can be. Here are a couple you need to jot down so that your chips are the most airy, crispy and crunchy they can possibly be!
- Slice them thinly: This is VERY important! Slicing your russet potato thinly and uniform will ensure that they cook evenly and are crispy all over!
- Pat them dry but not too much: You don’t want to put them in the air fryer totally soggy, but don’t press out too much moisture either!
Can I make Air Fryer Potato Chips with any kind of potato?
For this recipe, if you are wanting to make the chips with a different type of potato, it should work well! I have only tried it using russet potatoes but if you try another kind, feel free to let me know how it goes for you- you may need to adjust cooking time a little.
These crispy crunchy potato chips are easy to make and easy to store! Leave them out to crisp up on the counter overnight after you make them, and then transfer them to either an airtight container or a zip lock back. They will last this way for about a week!
Main dishes to serve with Chips
This is the BEST of all air fryer potato chips recipes! Now that we know how to make them, let’s think up some delicious mains to serve up with them! Chicken goes great with potatoes, so I recommend cooking some air fryer chicken nuggets or crispy breaded air fryer chicken breast and some yummy dipping sauce to go with these chips. If you want to keep the air fryer theme going strong, add a side of air fryer roasted asian broccoli and call it a meal!
Air Fryer Chips FAQ
Absolutely, they do! Air fryers don’t use high quantities of oil like deep fryers do, but that doesn’t mean your food will be soggy and flavorless! Air fryers use air to cook and crisp up the potatoes to make perfectly crunchy, better-for-you potato chips!
These air fryer chips take approximately 10-15 minutes to cook in the air fryer! After cooking, they will need to sit out to crisp up a bit at room temperature.
If your finished result is soft or soggy, it simply means that you didn’t remove enough water from the potato slices before cooking! Don’t skip this very important step.
Doin’ the healthy air fryer potato chip dance all day long.
I also shared the air fryer potato chips recipe on Food Fanatic, so be sure to peep it there!
- 1 Large Russet Potato, very thinly sliced (about 1/16 of an inch), about 400 grams
- Grapeseed Oil Cooking Spray or any high-heat oil spray, not olive oil
- Sea salt
- Use a paper towel to lightly press out just a little bit of the moisture from the potatoes slices.
- Spray the mesh basket of your air fryer with the oil spray and place the potatoes in a single layer inside. You will have to do this in batches.
- Spray the tops of the potatoes with the oil spray and sprinkle with salt. Turn your air fryer to 350°F and cook until the edges of the potatoes are crispy and the potatoes are golden brown, about 7-10 minutes.
- Remove the chips from the air fryer and let cool.
Tips & Notes:
- I used my mandolin to make this super easy, and got them just under 1/16 inch thick.
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: FREESTYLE SMART POINTS: 3 POINTS+: 2. OLD POINTS: 1
(per 1/4 of the recipe)
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!
Leave a Comment