A list of 35+ Gifts for the healthy foodie, budding food photography, gym rat and girly girl in your life!
Can you believe that Christmas time is finally here!? I swear it sneaks up on my EVERY year…even though it’s the SAME DAY.
If you’re at all like me, you LOVE giving the PERFECT GIVE….buuuut you’re totally last minute shopping right now and need some ideas! I thought it would be super-fun to share some of my top picks of things that I know that I love…and may help give you some ideas to give your peeps this Christmas!
The items are in themed-groups and are ordered from lowest price to highest price in each group. Each item has a link so you can buy it directly if you want to – don’t you just love the magic of online shopping?! Because I’m a food blogger, you’ll find a ton of kitchen-y gadgets for the fellow cooker – or baker! in your life. But there are also other ideas for the Gym rat, budding food photographer and girly-girl in your life!
My Kitchen Must-Haves For Foodies
I’m a food blogger. I have a few things that make my life so much easier, and I know they’ll do the same for some folks on your list too!
1. Wilton Silicone Spatula Set – These spatulas are used on the reg’ in my kitchen. The flexible silicone makes it REALLY easy to scrape out the VERY last smear of cookie dough from the bowl. Plus, their dishwasher safe! The perfect stocking stuffer for the avid baker in your life!
2. OXO Cookie Scoop – You like cookies, I like cookies, everyone loves cookies! I love the spring handle of this cookie scoop because it makes the perfect, round cookies EVERY.SINGLE.TIME. I can’t think of ONE person, who might enjoy baking even a TINY bit, that doesn’t need this!
3. Paderno Spiralizer – Bundle this with the “Inspiralized Cookbook” above and you’ve got yourself one healthy, feel-good and SO AWESOME gift bundle for the health-conscious person in your life! The spiralizer makes eating veggies WAY more fun, and this brand turns even sweet potatoes into noodles in a SNAP.
4. KitchenAid Ice Cream Attachment – Just like cookies, we all LOVE ice cream. BUT, have you ever made your own? It’s ridiculously easy and you can pimp it OUT with all the flavors that YOU LOVE. Dreaming of chocolate chip cookie candy corn cotton candy ice cream? Me neither. BUT, you could make it happen! You just need to put your ice cream base in this attachment for your KitchenaAid stand mixer, and TA DA, 20 minutes later you’ve got the creamiest ice cream in all the lands. I LOVELOVELOVE mine!
5. KitchenAid Electronic Kitchen Scale – If you know a thing or two about gluten free baking – and if you don’t, now you do! – you know that getting the EXACT amount of flour is KEY for perfect results. Don’t risk having a baking disaster by hoping you’ve measured correctly – get a scale and weigh it out! I use mine daily! Do you know someone who is dabbling in the gluten free world? Save them the heartache (and wasted money!) and get them a kitchen scale.
6. Kitchenaid 3 Cup Food Processor – If I could write a love poem to my small food processor, I WOULD. You can make sauces or dips in it, chop herbs or nuts…basically you can do anything that your lazy-person self hates doing. Maybe that’s just me. But, seriously, major time saving tool right here!
7. Kyocera Ceramic Knives – My brother-in-law got these for us as a Wedding gift, and they are my favorite gift we got! They are SO sharp (just ask the bandaids on my fingers) and make slicing ANYTHING a breeze!
8. Cuisinart 5 in 1 Griddler – This is one the coolest little contraptions around. You can keep it upright, and use it as a panini press, or you can flatten it and use it as a grill or griddle! You guys know my love of pancakes, so an awesome Griddle like this is KEY for me. Do you know someone that loves to make a big ol’ pancakes and fried eggs weekend breakfast? This will save their life! PS: DISHWASHER SAFE PLATES. Have you ever tried to put a traditional griddle in the dishwasher? DON’T.
9. KitchenAid Non-stick Pots and Pans – This is preeeety self-explanatory. You know someone that cooks right? Of course you do – we all gotta eat! Make them have super-success all the time by getting them some great quality, non-stick pots and pans!
10. KitchenAid 4.5 Court Classic Stand Mixer – If you’ve ever baked ANYTHING before, you’ve heard about the KitchenAid stand mixers. Well, peeps, they live up to the hype! If you’ve got a baker to buy for stuff their stockings with those silicone spatulas and then make their WHOLE holiday with a surprise stand mixer! Think of all the cookies you’ll get as re-payment! 🙂
11. Blendtec Designer 625 – I realize this is a pricey item, but I have to include it because I use mine so often. You can make a morning smoothie in 30 seconds (with no chunkies!), you can make your own nut butter (!!!), soup, dip, slushy adult beverage (<3 <3 <3) you name it – this Blendtec can do it! Plus, it says friendly things like “that looks tasty!” Feel good food at it’s finest!
Healthy Cookbooks For Foodies
I love creating my own recipes, but sometimes I need a break. These are awesome, healthy cookbooks for inspiration and they’re perfect for the person in your life who is conscious about what they eat!
1. Inspiralized – You guys know I love my spiralizer! Ali from the blog “Inspiralized” wrote a whole cookbook devoted to easy, healthy recipes using a spiralizer! This book is perfect for those looking to get more veggies into their diet – or their kids!
2. Maple – I wrote about “Maple” When I shared the Smoky and Sweet Turkey Chili from it a few months back. Katie from “Healthy Seasonal Recipes” is a great friend of mine, and she wrote this GORGEOUS cookbook with 100 sweet and savory recipes featuring Maple Syrup. The Canadian in me rejoices!
3. The Skinnytaste Cookbook – You know the blog “Skinnytaste.” It featured easy, low calorie and SUPER flavorful recipes – and this cookbook is no different! Give this to the person in your life who is just getting interested in trying to play around with cooking healthy meals!
4. Paleo Planet – I’ll be sharing about this book on the blog in a little while, but I couldn’t wait until then to give you a heads up about it! Becky from the blog “A Calculated Whisk” wrote this awesome cookbook with Paleo recipes with recipes that represent cuisines from all over the world! Do you know someone who trying out the Paleo diet? They will love all the ethnic flavors going on in here!
5. The Flavor Bible – My go-to book for, ummm, ALWAYS! If you’re wanting to try your hand at creating your own recipes, this book is going to be your new best friend. It’s not a traditional cookbook, as it doesn’t have recipes. However, it has basically every food in the ENTIRE world listed alphabetically, and then a list of ALL the other foods that it pairs well with. It sits on my kitchen table and I use it DAILY.
Gifts For the Gym-Rat
Buying a gift for someone who loves to get their squat on? Even if it’s someone who is just thinking about starting to workout in January, these gifts work for people of ALL fitness levels!
1. Kettlebells – You guys now I do NOT love cardio…unless its kettlebells! Swing around a few of these to get both a cardio and weight workout, AT ONCE. Plus, they don’t take up a lot of space so they’re great to keep around the house for those days where you can’t get to the gym but need a big calorie burn!
2. Trutein Birthday Cake Protein Powder I am 110% in major <3 with this protein powder. I FOR REALZ think about how I get to go home and eat my Birthday Cake protein powder when I’m squatting at the gym. It’s the only thing that get’s me through it. It’s gluten free, lactose free AND naturally sweetened…Did I mention it actually tastes like cake batter?! If that’s not your flavor, I also have (and love!) Lemon Meringue Pie and Cinnabun! If you know a gym-junkie they need this protein powder in their life!
3. Fitbit Charge – So I actually don’t have one of these, but I’ve tried one and WISH that someone would give it to me! Ever wondered how many steps you’ve taken that day, how many calories you’ ve burned (maybe you can eat an extra Tablespoon of peanut butter!) or how many stairs you’ve climbed? This will tell you! How nifty is that?!
4. Tanita Body Composition Scale – This is the scale I use because I freaking love how I can tell what kind of weight I’m gaining (or losing if that’s what your goals are!) You program this scale with your age, gender, height and activity level and then step on it. It’ll calculate your weight, how much percentage of that is muscle, how much is fat, your water levels and a TON of other cool stuff, in just a click of a button. Plus you can program it with quite a few people to keep track of the whole family!
Food Photography – Newbie
Got a budding food photographer on your “to buy for” list? Help give them some photos that they’re proud of with these ESSENTIAL tools!
1. Adobe Creative Cloud Photography Plan – Editing the final photo is where the magic happens. You can get your budding food photographer a monthly subscription to both Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop, and watch them be SO pumped about the food photos that THEY took!
2. Collapsible Reflector/Diffuser Set – A good photo is ALL about the light – and that means sometimes you need to manipulate it a little bit. This set comes with the tools to do it and it is a MUSTMUSTMUST for the beginning food photographer!
3. Tasty Food Photography E-Book – Pinch of Yum is an awesome food blog with GORGEOUS photos. Lindsay, the lady behind it, wrote this great e-book that will tell your budding photographer friend the basics of using the camera, to how to style a want-to-eat-it-right-now food photo! This book helped me a lot when I started and I know it will help the photographer in your life too!
4. SanDisk 64 GB Memory Card – Your giftee (is that a word?) wants to take photos right? But where will they STORE said photos? UMMM on a memory card! This memory card has a lot of space because, if they’re anything like me in the beginning, they will take ALL the photos.
5. Plate To Pixel – Another food styling book that helped me a ton! The more resources to learn, and gain inspiration from, the better and this book is another one of those that every want-to-be-food-photographer MUST have!
6. Canon EF 50mm F/1.8 Lens – This is the very first lens I bought, and still use a TON today! MANYMANYMANY food photographers use this lens because it’s inexpensive, and gives you GORGEOUS results.
7. Canon Rebel T5i – This is ALMOST the camera body I started out with, just a little bit newer as my model is now discontinued. For a DSLR, this is a cheaper model and a great place to start to learn just HOW to use a DSLR. If you know someone who wants to get started in food photography, this is a great learning tool before spending a ton of money – and it still takes awesome photos!
Food Photography: Advanced
Maybe you’re needing to buy something for someone who already knows “the basics.” These gifts will help them take their photos to the next level!
1. Canon EF 100mm F/2.8L IS USM Macro Lens – This is the lens I upgraded to, and I now use it in combination with the 50mm as discussed above. This is the lens that lets you get THISCLOSE to the food, and really creates that mouthwatering-need-it-now food photo! If you know someone who has practicedpracticedpracticed, and is ready to take their photos to next level, they NEED this lens!
2. Canon EOS 6D – This is the camera body I now use after I broke my Rebel, and I’m sort of glad that my rebel broke and I had to upgrade. 🙂 It’s a pricier camera but it takes crystal-clear photos. I also love that it’s a full-frame camera, so I’m able to see so much more of my scene than which my previous starter camera. Like the 100mm Macro lens, if you know someone who wants to kick up their photos, they are going to fall crazy in love with this camera!
Girly, Beauty-Related Things
Did you know that I actually am a certified makeup artist?! That’s what I went to school for, before deciding I wanted to pursue this crazy food blogging things! Here are my favorite makeup and beauty tools, that are perfect for ANY girl!
1. Tweezerman Eyelash Curler – Anyone who knows me knows that I am OBSESSIVE about my eyelashes! I have tried ALL the curlers out there, in hopes of finding one that would give me lasting curl without breaking off my eyelashes. This is the one that all the pros use – and you’ll know when you try it! PLUS you can buy replacement pads, so you don’t need to keep re-buying curlers. HOW LEGIT IS THAT?
2. Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion – Ever stayed out late, came home and looked in the mirror and SCREAMED because all your eye makeup had melted off your face? OF COURSE YOU HAVE. Seriously, put this on under your eyeshadow and you can dance all night, accidentally fall asleep in it and have it look perfect the next day. Not that I’ve worn makeup to bed….BAD MAKEUP ARTIST.
3. MAC Nylon Eyeshadow – I use this “color” every.single.day. all over my eyelids. It’s just a very light, off-white, shimery shadow that looks AMAZING on your eyelids and dabbled on your brow bone. It INSTANTLY makes you look bright eyed and bushy tailed. I honestly keep a few on hand at all time, because I go through it like WATER. SO GOOD.
4. Isinis Brush – You’re all wondering how a HAIRBRUSH can make the list, and why it’s so special right? Have you ever tried to put your hair up in a cute ponytail but then the bristles of the brush give the area around your scalp these weird bumps, and it’s not all smooth? THIS DOES NOT. It has super soft bristles that give you a super-sleek up-do. This is perfect for your busy on-the-go girlfriend who wants to look super cute, and not spend tons of time!
5. Christian Dior Diorshow Mascara – Again, eyelash OBSESSED. I’ve tried ALL the mascaras and Dior just knows how to rock an eyelash. This mascara is rich and black and it does not clump or flake at ALL. Plus, it lengthens your eyelashes A TON. Basically the most perfect stocking stuffer for any girl who wants doe-like eyeballs. AKA: Umm every.single.girl.EVER.
6. NARS Orgasm Blush – I know, I KNOW. THE NAME. I’m not going to say much about that HOW-EV-ER, I learned about this blush in makeup school. ALL the top makeup artists keep it in their kit, because it legit looks good on everyone. I have it in my kit too, and it’s the PERFECT shade of pink guys.
7. MAC Vanilla Pigment – This is another very light, shimmery powder that I wear every.single.day. I brush it just along my cheekbones and down the middle of my nose. It gives you a really gorgeous, natural glow. You will LOVE IT.
8. Amika Hair Straightener 1. How fun is the zebra print on this? Amika makes tons of awesome, funky designs (I have the zebra!) and they straighteners actually work! You can control the temperature which I LOVE, and they heat up in 30 seconds. 30 seconds to perfect, silk, flat hair? Sign me up! You too?
Budding Food Bloggers
Check out my Blogging Resources page for TONS of great ideas to give someone who is eager to start their very own food blog!
I hope you found some awesome gift ideas! Merry Christmas ya’ll!
This post contains affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!