Zucchini noodles are topped with salmon in a SUPER easy, 3-ingredient coconut curry sauce for a light and healthy meal that feels fancy!
Today, like the Panera Hummus Chicken Power Salad, I have another ode for you. You know how much I lurve them. It goes like so:
Oh beautiful shores of the west coast
I don’t really want to boast
But you bring us delicious fish
Even better than I could wish
I especially love your salmon
Because it is pink
And that is my favorite color.
Okay. SO that last few lines didn’t really make sense. But, COME ONNN, what rhymes with salmon? Cut me some slack here guys.
AND, this way, you learned a little tid bit about the girl behind the blog. I mean, you could have found out that I like pink just by reading that little box with my floating head to your right, but WHATEVES.
I’m over it.
But, you know what I am not over AT ALL? LIKE NOT ONE EENSY BIT?
P.s you need to know that my fingers DEFINITELY typed “BITE” instead of “BIT.”
See, even they like it. My subconscious is yearning for my flaky, sea-dwelling friend that is covered with 3 INGREDIENT, creamy sauce that has WAY more flavour than you think only aforementioned 3 ingredients would bring.
Is “yearning” a creepy word? I think yes. It makes me think of creepy romance novels with long-hair-ed men named Fabio on the front.
I am trying to figure out a smiley (or do you call them emoticons?) for the face that I am making at my screen right now. But there just aren’t enough options on my keyboard. Use your imagination.
Except maybe don’t. You may not be able to un-see that.
I don’t usually like to get violent here on FFF. But I am all for a little taste-bud punch-age from something that is THHHHHHIIIIIISSSSSS much full of sweet, sweet NUMS.
And THHHHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS much full of easy, creamy-tacular, flaky, sorta spicy goodness.
Because, you what they say, violence and anger is the highest form of yum.
Just don’t quote me on that.
Zucchini Noodles with Coconut Curry Salmon
- 1/2 Cup + 2 Tbsp Full-fat coconut milk
- 2 tsp Mild Curry paste*
- 8 oz Alaskan Salmon fillets (2 4 oz fillets)
- For the zucchini noodles:
- 3 Large zucchinis
- Fresh mint minced (for garnish)
- Whisk together the coconut milk ,curry paste and a pinch of salt. Place your salmon, skin-side up in a small baking dish and pour the coconut sauce over top. Spoon the sauce all over the fish to cover it. Cover with saran wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Once the salmon has marinated, make the zucchini noodles:
- Using a 5 or 7mm julienne blade on your mandolin, slice the zucchini into noodles. **
- Place a strainer over a large bowl and place the noodles into the strainer. Sprinkle with salt and let sit for 30 minutes, stirring around every so often to release the water.
- Heat your oven to 450 degrees and gently flip the salmon over, so that the skin-side is down. Spoon more sauce over top and bake until the fish flakes easily, about 10-12 minutes. Transfer the fish to a plate and cover with tinfoil to keep warm.
- Squeeze out all the excess water from the zoodles and place into the bowl. Pour the remaining coconut sauce over the zoodles and mix will.
- Divide the zoodles between two plates, top with salmon and garnish with fresh mint and additional salt, if needed.
Recipe NotesI used an Indian Style Curry Paste, that is just called "Curry paste." However, you could use a Thai colored paste, but just add it a little at a time and taste as you go, as the flavour could be different!br]* You can also use a spiralizer. I use and LOVE[this one!
(per 1 serving)
This is not a sponsored post, but t hanks so much to Sizzlefish for providing the delicious Salmon for the recipe!
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTRAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS! 🙂
Want more seafood?
Salmon from around the web:
Pistachio Salmon With Cranberry Sauce – Vitamin Sunshine
Heat Smoked Maple Salmon Nuggets – The Healthy Foodie
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!