These little Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookie Cups with Jelly are ready in half an hour. A quick and easy, healthier dessert that is great for kids!
Happy National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day!
I know, there has been a lot of peanut butter celebration here at FFF.
Last week we celebrated Chocolate Peanut Butter Day with these Chocolate Peanut Butter Krispie Cheesecake Bars and now we have more peanut butter today.
But, really, are you complaining?
That’s what I thought.
It’s no secret that I love peanut butter. I mean, I eat it every single night in my favorite Chocolate Peanut Butter “Cheesecake” (seriously, I keep talking about this because IT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE) and the famous PB and J combo has even made it into my mornings with some PB & J French Toast.
So, Obviously, we had to have another celebration.
I’m actually writing this on the plane, coming back from Canada. It’s 11pm and we have been travelling all day, so this post may get a little wacko.
But, they usually are…so I really have no excuse.
I’ll tell you all about my (ah-may-zing) time back at home some other time, but we need to stick our faces in these Pb and J Cookie Cups right meow.
1. These little bits of adorable are probably one of the easiest I have ever made. So easy in fact, that I actually developed this whole recipe, from start to finish, while I was home on a 45 minute lunch break at work. If that isn’t the definition of easy, then I don’t know what is. Except easy peasy lemon squeeezzzyyyy, perhaps.
I warned you.
2. They’re cute. I hope that I didn’t have to inform you of this fact. If you were unaware I am prescribing a visit to the doctor to get your cute-o-rama sensors checked.
They’re a real thing. Wikipedia told me so.
I also am apparently a doctor at 11pm at night.
Mr. Nursey pants beside me (Or Mr.FFF as you know him. He has a lot of names) is shaking his head.
You know what, those 2 key points purdy much define these little cuppity cups. I was going to do a third and tell you that there was jelly in them. But, you have eyes. You know this. You can read. You know this x2.
So, let’s celebrate with National Peanut Butter and Jelly day because, you know what?
It’s peanut butter jelly time, peanut butter jelly time.
And, if you’re anything like me, that’ll be stuck in yo’ head allllll day long.
- 1/2 Cup Peanut Butter
- 1/4 Cup Granulated sugar
- 1/4 Cup Packed Brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Egg whites (about 2 small egg whites)
- 1 Cup Oat flour (or put 1 cup of oatmeal in a food processor and blend into flour)
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Sugar free strawberry jam
- Melted Peanut butter for drizzling, optional
- In a medium bowl, beat together the peanut butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, egg whites and vanilla.
- Stir in the oat flour, baking powder and salt.
- Cover and refrigerate the dough for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Once the dough is chilled, press 1 Tbsp balls into the each mini muffin cup. Mold the dough so that it's pressed up along the sides and hollow in the middle, like a little cup.
- Bake until golden brown, 13-14 mins.
- When the cups come out of the oven, they will have puffed up and lost some of their shape, quickly (without burning your finger tips off!) press the centers down slightly to restore their shape. Let cool completely.
- Remove the cups from the muffin tins and fill with strawberry jam and drizzle with melted peanut butter (optional)
Can’t get enough PB & J? Try this: