This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almonds. Thank you for allowing me to continue creating great content for you by supporting partnerships with brands that Food Faith Fitness loves to work with!
This, easy, no-bake chocolate tart is made from almonds and dates, then frozen and filled with almond cream. A healthy and gluten free dessert for summer!
Liiiikeee crunchy, toasty almonds all smashed together and pressed with squishy-soft-sweet dates. HOLLA.
And those almonds? Not just any old almonds peeps. Blue Diamond Oven Roasted DARK CHOCOLATE Almonds. Which, I am pretty sure should come with some sort of “HI I AM CRAZY ADDICTING” label.
It took every ounce of restraint that I have to not just eat the whole bag, take pictures of said empty bag, and write about my imaginary recipe idea that didn’t actually quite happen because my self control around these crunch-a-licious nuts is about negative eleventy billion and six.
THAT is what is pressed into the prettiest little tart pan. And then it’s filled with ULTRA smooth almond cream made from Blue Diamond Oven Roasted Sea Salted Almonds, which meets the chocolate in the most perfect salty-sweet YUMS.
It’s pretttty much my idea of food heaven. <3
It’s also umm, SUPER easy and doesn’t require you to possiblymaybe risk your life by turning on that hot thang called the “oven.” We can’t do such dangerous tasks on a Monday amIright? I’m just looking out for your life because I want to keep you around so we can keep eating yummy food and having fun times ya know?
The whole “pop-er-in-the-freezer-and-call-it-done” is also fitting for the fact that 1. it’s ALMOST summer time. and T-W-O, your inner-on-the-ball-and-super-prepared-person will love being able to make a fancy-shmancy dessert IN ADVANCE, and not have to run to store last minute to buy cupcakes, and then pretend that you TOTALLY made them yourself when the company rings the doorbell.
Don’t lie. You’ve done it.
Don’t worry though. We’ll keep it our little secret and never speak of it again. Because why would we when this super-simple-no-bake-saving-ALL-the-rest-of-your-days-from-this-moment-forward tart has come to meet your face?
This crust. It’s not what you would consider typical. Because it lacks flour, butter and all things that are generally notsogood for your bikini bod. What it does have is super-antioxidant-healthy-skin-shiny-nails superfoods like dark chocolate almonds and dates.
Two ingredient –> into food processor –> Crunch, crunch, crunch –> DONE.
The equation for the almond cream is similar… but with EVEN LESS steps.
Almonds, vanilla, Almond milk and coconut sugar + food processor = creamy, nutty and salty-sweet NUM that you might want to make extra of, and then slather it on your face because it’s just. SO. GOOD.
Like, that’s it. Well, minus placing some raspberries on top.
Which is more like: One raspberry for me, one raspberry for the tart.
Because my summer-food-person-life is defined by fruity-fresh and vibrant berries with crunchy bits of golden brown almonds, and little hints of salty-sweet chocolate. <3
And I have a sneaking suspicion that yours is too.
No-Bake Chocolate Tart with Almond Cream and Raspberries
For the cream:
- 1/2 Cup Blue Diamond Oven Roasted Sea Salt Almonds 80g or 1/2 a bag
- 1/4 Cup + 3 Tbsp Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1/2 Tbsp Coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
For the crust:
- 1 Cup Blue Diamond Oven Roasted Dark Chocolate Almonds 5oz or 1 bag
- 3/4 Cup lightly packed Dates roughly chopped (110g)
- Fresh raspberries for topping
- Cocoa powder for dusting (optional)
- Place the Sea Salt Almond in a large bowl and cover with water. Cover and refrigerate for at least 10 hours, up to overnight.
- Once the almonds are ready, line an8 inch tart pan with a removable bottomwith parchment paper and set aside.
- Make the crust by placing the Dark Chocolate Almonds in afood processor, and process until broken down into small crumbs. Add in the chopped dates and process until the mixture starts to come together and forms large crumbs.
- Dump the mixture into the prepared plate and press out evenly, leaving a generous lip around the top of the crust, so that it doesn't break off when you cut it. Be patient, as pressing it in firmly and evenly takes a little bit of time. Cover and place into the freezer for at least 30 minutes. *
- Drain the Sea Salt Almonds and place them, along with the almond milk, coconut sugar, vanilla extract and an additional pinch of sea salt in a small food processor (mine is 3 cups)** and blend until the almonds break down and the mixture is smooth, thick and creamy.
- Pour the almond cream into the chilled crust and spread out evenly. Line the edge with fresh raspberries, cover, and place into the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- To serve: Let the tart thaw for 10 minutes before slicing, dust with cocoa powder and DEVOUR!
Recipe NotesYou can make the tart, or even the whole dessert up to 2 weeks in advance, just top with the raspberries right before serving.
* using a small food processor is key to being able to get the almonds nice and smooth.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS! 🙂
Want more chocolate and almond?
Almond Joy Baked Donuts
Single Serve High Protein Almond Joy “Cheesecake”
Whipped Coconut Chocolate Homemade Almond Butter
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!