This recipe for white chocolate popcorn has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
Need an option for healthier snacking? This white chocolate popcorn is covered with protein powder and pumpkin spice for a quick and easy snack!
Are you ready for Pumpkin round dos?
If you weren’t aware, that means “two” in Spanish. We’re being supa fancy and bi-li-ng-gu-allllll here in FFF land today.
Side note: Did I tell you that I won the “Top Spanish Student Award” when I was in grade 12? I bet I didn’t even have to tell you since you can sense my language-ular prowess through my knowledge of “dos.”
That’s what I thought.
We don’t really need to discuss the necessity of eating ALL the things pumpkin once the fall hits. I mean, why would you want to limit your intake of healthy pumpkin cheesecake bars, pumpkin blondies OR paleo pumpkin cake bars? And we also don’t really need to discuss how yummy chocolate popcorn is. It’s just a known fact amongst the whole entire galaxy.
BUT, we are going to discuss it anyway.
I’ve mentioned a few times my undying commitment to popcorn eat-age. I don’t know what it is about it, but it just gets my taste buds partyin’ all OVA the place.
That’s a fun mental picture.
HOW-EV-ER, the problem with popcorn is that it’s lacking in one of my other favorite things: protein.
I am a HYOOGE fan of the Skinny Girl Products (the White Cranberry Cosmo cocktail is ah-may-zing) so I was P-U-M-P-E-D when they launched new Skinny Girl Popcorn! AND it comes in 2 flavahs: Butter and Sea Salt and Lime and Salt.
As soon as I popped (read: stuffed) the Butter and Sea Salt into my face I knew what I had to do with it. I needed to solve the protein-less popcorn dilemma once and for all.
You guys. I seriously can not stop snacking on this popcorn. It’s buttery, sweet, crunchy and has a whole lotta pumpkin spice yum…ALL AT THE SAME TIME.
It’s basically the super hero of your next snack time. Or dinner time. I promise I won’t tell anyone.
You know what it also has? Whole grain goodness, PROTEIN and a little bit of chocolate.
Because, you know, every girl needs some chocolate popcorn in her life.
Did I mention that it comes together in about 5 minutes and, I THINK it may even vanish in less time than that.
Not that I know anything about that.
White Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Protein Popcorn
- 1/2 Cup Pecans roughly chopped
- 4 oz White chocolate
- 1/2 Tbsp Coconut oil
- 1 Bag Skinny Girl Sea Salt and Butter Popcorn
- 1/4 Cup + 2 Tbsp Vanilla protein powder
- 2 Tbsp + 1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Preheat you oven to 400 degrees. Bake the pecans on asmall baking sheet until lightly toasted, about 8-10 minutes. Set side.
- In alarge, microwave safe bowl melt the white chocolate and coconut oil in 20 second increments on half power, stirring between each increment until smooth and melted.
- Pop the bag of popcorn in the microwave according to the package directions (about 1 1/2 minutes) and then place the popped popcorn into the white chocolate. Stir well to ensure that the popcorn is evenly coated.
- In a small bowl, stir together the protein powder and pumpkin pie spice. Transfer it to a large Ziploc bag and then add in the popcorn. Shake well until the popcorn is evenly coated in the protein/spice mixture.
- Transfer the popcorn to a bowl, mix in the chopped pecans and DEVOUR.
Recipe NotesPopcorn will stay good in an air-tight container at room temperature for 2-3 days. If you can wait that long.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTRAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS! 🙂
Want more healthy snacks?
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!