These chocolate cheesecake bars have a Brownie Brittle crust and are packed with butterscotch chips. You would never know they are healthier!
The best day of the year is finally upon our taste budz.
It’s National Cheesecake Day Ya’ll! Y to the ES!
If you’ve been around FFF longer than about 30 seconds, you would know that I could live in a house made of cheesecake, and be one very happy lady.
One very single lady (I don’t think Mr.FFF wants to live in cheesecake house) but, nonetheless, happy.
My name is Taylor and I am a cheesecake-aholic. Do they make a 12 step program for that? I should ask Google.
What better way to celebrate an ongoing love affair than by pairing it with a more current love affair?
Yep. Cheesecake WITH Brownie Brittle. It is happening to your faces RIGHT HERE.
Ya’ll LOVED the Freezer Pops SO much that I knew I had to give some more tasty, Brownie Brittle Treats.
Except, this time, we went a little (read: a lot) heavier on the chocolate factor.
I decided to make the crust entirely from Brownie Brittle (and some sugar and butter because: yum) to give it that little extra CRUNCH factor that the creamy, cheesecake topping needed.
Do you hear that? Crunchy, creamy….chocolate.
The 3 C’s of perfection. And texture. And love.
Like most recipes, I made the Huberoni bring these to work to test them on his co-workers. We both went googly-eyed for them, but it’s nice to hear that other people’s eyeballs also wandered into googly territory over your food, you know?
Side note: Please tell me I was not the only one that stuck those plastic googly eyes on ALL THE THINGS as a child? Pretty sure that my pencil case had about eleventy billion eyeballs in grade 6.
Back to cheesecake.
I am happy to report back that there were threats of Mr. FFF losing his job if he didn’t come to work his next shift with more cheesecake bars.
I might be over-exaggerating slightly, HOW-EV-ER, they were a hyooge hit!
I mean, with crunchy Brownie Brittle bottom, creamy cheesecake and a whole lotta choco-lata, how could they not be?
Protip: If you want to be the most awesome person at the National Cheesecake Celebration party that I know you’re going to tonight, bring these.
Protip, the sequel: Skip the party and eat the whole batch yourself.
- 1 Cup Crushed Salted Caramel Brownie Brittle (About 3 cups whole)
- ¼ Cup Granulated sugar
- ¼ Cup Butter, melted
- For the cheesecake topping:
- 8 oz Reduced-fat cream cheese
- ¼ Cup + 3 Tbsp Granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp All purpose flour
- 2 Oz Semi-sweet chocolate
- ½ tsp Vanilla extract
- ¼ Cup + 2 Tbsp Non-fat, Plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Large egg white
- ¼ Cup + 2 Tbsp Butterscotch chips
- ¼ Cup crushed Salted Caramel Brownie Brittle, for topping
- Begin by lining an 8 inch baking panwith tinfoil (shiny side down!) and grease it with a little cooking spray. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a food processor, crush the Brownie Brittle until it is nice and fine. You should have about 1 cup after it has been crushed.
- Take the crumbs and mix them with the sugar in a medium bowl. Add in the melted butter and really stir to coat the crumbs evenly. I found it worked the best to just get my hands in there and mix it up.
- Press the Brownie Brittle/butter crumb mixture into the prepared baking pan, making sure to really pack it down tightly and evenly.
- Bake until the edges of the crust begin to just harden, about 20 minutes. The crust will seem under-baked, but it hardens a lot as it cools!
- In a large bowl, beat together the softened cream cheese and sugar, using an electric hand mixer, until it’s light and fluffy. Beat in the flour until it is just well combined –be careful not to over-mix and add in too much air as this causes cracks in your cheesecake! It only takes a minute or so to combine the flour.
- Melt the chocolate in a small microwave-safe bowl. I find it works the best to use 50% power and microwave using 20 second intervals, stirring between each interval, until the chocolate is smooth and melted.
- Stir the chocolate, vanilla, Greek yogurt and egg white into the cheesecake mixture. Beat until just combined and then fold in the butterscotch chips.
- Pour the cheesecake on top of the baked crust and smooth out. Sprinkle the top with the remaining Brownie Brittle and bake until the cheesecake just feels set, about 25-30 minutes. The center may look slightly jiggly, this is normal. You don’t want to over-bake it, as that also causes cracks.
- Let the cheesecake cool for 20 minutes and then transfer to the refrigerator for AT LEAST 3 hours – to overnight. I know it’s hard to wait, but DO IT.
- Once cooled, lift the cheesecake out of the pan with the tinfoil and slice into bars.
This post is sponsored by Brownie Brittle. All opinions are my own.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTRAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS!
Want even more cheesecake?
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!