These quick and easy breakfast wraps are stuffed with turkey bacon, avocado and tomato, and are made out of eggs to keep them healthy and gluten free!
Guess who’s back?
Egg white tortilla is back. Tell a friend
NAME THAT SONG.
Ok, I’ll stop.
Besides, “egg white tortilla” really doesn’t sound as good “Shady.”
HOW-EV-ER, the egg white tortilla? IT IS BACK.
But, no need to tell a friend. Unless you want to. I won’t mind.
The Egg White Enchiladas got me all inspired and things, so I made you more healthy, eggy delights.
But, this time….bacon. Because, if bacon is the question, then the answer is “Get in my face. And that’s and order.”
When it comes to bacon, there is no messing around you guys.
Now that we’ve got that out of the way, I see your eyes peering at me questioningly…
“I see bacon, tomato and….avocado? Isn’t the green supposed to be lettuce, like a BLT?” they say to me.
Answer: Yes. But, Mr. FFF doesn’t like vegetation in his breakfast (somehow tomatoes and avocados are ok though?) So, lettuce was nixed pretty fast.
Besides Avocado > Lettuce. And, like your eyeballs pointed out, they are both green.
It works. Don’t question it.
Just eat it.
I actually don’t have anything else to tell you about these little wrap-er-oo’s because they are so simple. Simple and yummy.
HOW-EV-ER, if you are an internety person, you will know that Mr. Google doesn’t like things less than 300 words, so now I am just going to share a poem with you. FUN.
Side note: I think I am the only person who has ever admitted to typing nonsense just for the sake of not getting in trouble with Google.
Real life yo’.
Here is a limerick, written by 8th grade Taylor:
There was a potato from Mars
Who liked to eat chocolate bars
He went to the store
To buy some more
And then he went back to the stars.
305 words! Success. And, limericks are like baby rap songs. And we started the post with a rap song.
So, I’m going with it.
Eat BAT wraps. They will keep you SLIM shady.
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tbsp Milk (I used 2%)
- 2-4 Strips of turkey bacon (however "bacony" you want it
- ½ Avocado,sliced
- ½ A small tomato, sliced
- Grated, Reduced- fat cheddar cheese
- To make the egg "tortilla"
- Spray a small pan with cooking spray and heat to medium heat.
- In a small bowl, lightly beat the eggs, milk and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Slowly pour half the egg mixture (about ¼ cup) into the preheated pan. Cover and cook until the top looks set and slightly bubbles, about 1- 3 minutes.
- Flip and cook an additional minute on the other side. Repeat with remaining egg. Cover and set aside.
- Spray a large pan with cooking spray and heat to med/high.
- Cook the bacon until golden brown and crispy, about 1-2 minutes per side. Transfer to paper towel and blot off any fat.
- To assemble:
- Place 1-2 slices of turkey bacon along the center of each egg "tortilla", followed by the sliced tomatoes, avocados and then as much grated cheese as your heart desires.
- Roll up and DEVOUR!
Want more healthy breakfast ideas?
Breakfast links from around the web that I want to eat:
Basil Pesto and Egg on Toast - Camille Styles
Zucchini,Ricotta and Tomato Egg Bake - Ice Cream Off Paper Plates
Asparagus and Egg Tart with Goat Cheese – Just A Taste